Site Troubles

Well judging by how haphazardly I solve problems in Linux, you can tell I develop on Windows for my day job!

The site’s permalinks weren’t working when I switched them to a different format. The .htaccess file was formatted correctly and accessible but it still wouldn’t work. Then I discovered the offending block resided in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf and required the change of the AllowOverride option on the www directly below as such:

<Directory /var/www/>        
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks        
   AllowOverride All        
   Require all granted

And there you have it, now everything is magically fixed!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *